What is Rising Leaders?
Rising Leaders is a new tradition at NC State through the Student Leadership and Engagement Office that provides an opportunity for first-year students & first-year transfer students to develop intentional leadership skills, become more involved in the Raleigh community through service learning, and build authentic relationships with others in the program.
Rising Leaders allows students to have a mentor to help embark on your first-year at NC State! Rising Leaders is for anyone who is looking to further develop their leadership skills, give back to their community, and develop impactful relationships with other first-year students and mentors of the programs.
Who Should Apply/ Requirements for Rising Leaders
First-Year Students at NCSU Who:
- Desire to get more involved on campus
- Want to get involved with service and learn more about leadership
- Desire to connect with other first-year students and build community
What Will I Gain?
Participants in Rising Leaders can expect to learn numerous leadership skills, focus on developing their individual strengths, participate in new traditions including the retreat & social events with mentors, and connection to a large group of first-year students!
Presentation Topic Examples
- Conflict Management
- Spirits and Traditions at NCSU
- Clifton Strengths
- Resume Building
- Relational Leadership Model
- Service Learning
- Continuing Your Leadership Journey
What Should I Expect?
- Two Fall Meetings- November 5 & 12th
- Attend weekly meetings in the Spring semester- Tuesdays from 4-6 PM
- Attend three social events hosted by the mentors
- Work collaboratively with a group for service learning project
- Attendance in February Retreat
Questions regarding Rising Leaders?
If you have any questions regarding how to get involved with Rising Leaders or Fall 2024 applications, please use the contact below.