Sam Chan, Leader of the Pack recipient in 2019, stands on the field with her parents at halftime at the homecoming game.
Come back in fall 2022 for more information about Leader of the Pack
What is Leader of the Pack?
The Leader of the Pack program honors and recognizes students for outstanding contributions in leadership, scholarship, and service. This program has long been a tradition on campus, dating back to the 1990s. While originally known as the Homecoming King and Queen Competition, the award transitioned to a more inclusive and equitable process—removing the gendered structure and focusing on scholarship, leadership, a commitment to creating an inclusive campus community, and service to the campus and broader community. Six students will be recognized as finalists and the Leader of the Pack will be named at halftime of the Red and White Week game on Saturday, October 29, 2021.
What is the process and how do I apply?
The process is cumulative and consists of multiple parts. Each qualified applicant will be evaluated on the following:
- Cumulative Grade point average
- Demonstrated leadership in co-curricular and community engagement
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive campus community
- Academic and conduct record check
- Virtual interview/engagement with a panel of university stakeholders
The following criteria must be met to be eligible for the Leader of the Pack scholarship:
- Completed two semesters at NC State at the time of application
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at NC State
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Free from academic integrity probation and any previous or current disciplinary probation
Applications are due no later than Sunday, October 3, 2021 by 11:59 p.m.
- Complete ‘demographic information’ section
- Complete essay questions
- Complete ‘engagement’ section
- Grant permission to verify the applicant’s grades and disciplinary status
Questions and Concerns
Please contact our office directly via email at email@example.com with subject line “Leader of the Pack.”